St. Joseph County Council for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect
The St. Joseph County Council for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (SJC CA/N Council) will reduce child abuse and neglect by advocating for children in collaboration with the community and its families, the SJC CA/N will promote the prevention of child abuse and neglect through research, public awareness, education and program development.
Vision / Purpose
Our purpose is to educate the community with recognizing and understanding child abuse to promote appropriate and effective methods to aid in prevention of such abuse.
- We will place children’s wellbeing and safety at the center of our services.
- We improve the quality of services by targeting those who would most benefit from our programs.
- We will continue to strengthen communication and coordination of services within our nonprofit.
- We will coordinate our services with local agencies to minimize duplication of services already available to improve fiscal responsibility.
- We will continually research, explore, and develop new programs to instill positive parenting techniques and promote child abuse prevention across our county.